If you have recently begun researching the Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) industry, you have likely discovered that SMP is an incredible solution as a non-invasive hair loss treatment that produces a natural looking hairline. All over the internet, you can see before and after images of outstanding results following an SMP procedure — but you might be asking yourself, what’s the catch?
Although SMP is undeniably an exceptionally effective treatment that produces noticeable results in the treated area, it’s important to note that the impressive images showcased online are the work of highly experienced SMP practitioners who have honed their skills to the highest standard over the course of many years. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of new artists offering treatments without having undergone the proper SMP training, or utilising the right equipment to achieve the natural look of hair follicles, and therefore not meeting the client’s desired result.
This is why researching a reputable SMP artist and booking in with a renowned clinic (such as Foli Sim) is critical for achieving high quality, natural-looking results.
What is scalp micropigmentation?
So, what is Scalp Micropigmentation? Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is an innovative hair loss solution that involves tattooing tiny dots of pigment onto the scalp to replicate the appearance of hair follicles. It is a non-surgical and non-invasive approach that offers an illusion of fuller hair; this method is particularly beneficial for those experiencing hair thinning or baldness. The SMP procedure can effectively address various forms of hair loss, such as alopecia areata, androgenetic alopecia, telogen effluvium, and anagen effluvium, in both men and women.
Why choosing the right SMP artist is important
Selecting a skilled and experienced SMP artist is of utmost importance. When it comes to investing in scalp micropigmentation, you want to ensure you get it right the first time. The aesthetic outcome of your treatment heavily depends on the artist’s expertise. A seasoned SMP artist can meticulously complete the procedure, adapting to your existing hair and skin tone to offer you a natural look. An inexperienced SMP artist will not have the know-how to provide a personalised experience, and may produce poor quality results which do not last.
How to research an SMP artist
The good thing is, by reading this blog article you are already on the right path. To ensure you are booking with a qualified and professional SMP artist, we recommend conducting the following research:
- Check for reviews and testimonials left by past clients. A satisfied client will often leave a positive review recommending the company to others.
- Look for real photos that showcase the artist’s SMP treatment.
- Assess the qualifications of the SMP artist (The artist should have proper credentials and training. SMP should be completed by an artist who has undergone the necessary training to perform the procedure properly, not by just any tattoo artist). To read more: How Is SMP Different From The Traditional Tattoo).
- Ensure the SMP artist is associated with a reputable clinic. Client testimonials, and a accredited team are factors to consider when determining whether the clinic is reputable.
- The clinic must be registered with the local Health Dept. and fully comply with relevant Health & Safety Act standards.
- The cleanliness of the clinic is another important consideration. A professional SMP clinic is clean and organised, with the treatment area being entirely sterile to ensure a safe and effective treatment.
Benefits of selecting an experienced SMP artist
While there are countless benefits of a good SMP artist, here are a few of the top benefits you will experience when choosing to book with a professional artist for the scalp micropigmentation process:
- An experienced SMP artist will have been through extensive SMP training to develop a keen understanding of different scalps, skin tones and hair types.
- They can create a natural-looking hairline regardless of the client’s skin tone and degree of hair loss.
- They are trained to follow strict safety and cleanliness guidelines, giving you peace of mind during the procedure.
SMP cost and investment
SMP is an investment in your appearance and regaining your self-confidence. While it can be tempting to opt for less experienced artists for lower costs, the risk often overshadows the savings, and you are left feeling stranded with results you aren’t happy with. Experienced SMP artists, with their proven track record, ensure the best value for your money with long-lasting and quality results, which require less maintenance and touch ups.
In regards to SMP pricing, prices vary on the degree of hair loss; but pricing can start at as low as $500 for mild hair loss. Your final quote will depend on your degree of hair loss and desired outcome.
How Foli Sim ensures the best results for clients
At Foli Sim, we understand the immense responsibility of restoring your hairline and deeply understand the impact SMP can have on restoring your self confidence.That’s why our team is only made up of experienced and internationally acclaimed SMP artists who have been setting industry standards for over 10 years.
We firmly believe in delivering an all-encompassing and individualised approach to the SMP procedure and client care. We go above and beyond to offer our clients comprehensive guidance, starting from the initial consultation and continuing through to meticulous aftercare. Our SMP service is carried out with utmost attention to detail, ensuring a seamless, natural result.
All of the artists at Foli Sim are fully certified with an industry standard infection control certification. Our clinic is Health Department certified and insured, employing medical-grade equipment and specially formulated SMP pigments. To further assure our clients, we provide a 12-month guarantee on all completed SMP treatments, offering free touch-ups if needed within that period.
Get in touch with the leading SMP experts at Foli Sim
If you are curious about SMP as a hair loss solution for you, then Foli Sim is here to walk you through the process. Whether you want to reach out for more information or book in a free no-obligation consultation, our friendly team is more than happy to help you, so contact us today.